Rice is a staple for billions of people all around the world and is liked to be consumed in multiple ways. There is an endless list of rice recipes, and every country has its own take on them. One such recipe that is highly loved by people in India and other countries as well as is Vegetable Fried Rice. It is a popular and flavorful rice dish made with cooked rice, finely chopped vegetables, and seasoning ingredients.
About Vegetable Fried Rice
Fried Rice is an Asian dish that was originally made by stir-frying cooked rice in vegetables, sauces, and sometimes meat & eggs as well. In Asia, there are numerous versions of this recipe, made differently by different taste buds.
Since it originated in Chinese cuisine, it has been all about beautiful colours, smoky aromas, and flavourful spices. While you can prepare the recipe with any rice, long-grain basmati rice works the best to offer you non-sticky results. It contains less starch and does not stick together for better taste. You can check out Veer Basmati Rice to make your dish memorable.
Recipe At A Glance
– Preparation Time: 10 minutes
– Cooking Time: 20 minutes
– Course: Rice
– Cuisine: Indo Chinese
– Serving: 2 people
List of Ingredients
– Cooking Oil – 3 tablespoon
– Toasted sesame oil – 1 tablespoon
– Ginger – 1 tblsp
– Garlic – 1 tblsp
– Green Chilli – 2
– Spring Onion – 4
– Carrot – 1
– Cabbage – 2
– Bell Pepper – 1
– Soy Sauce – 2
– Vinegar – 1
– Black Pepper Powder
– Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Note: You can add any vegetable you like, and make sure to chop all of them finely for a great taste.
Here is a step-by-step recipe for cooking a delicious plate of vegetable fried rice.
- Start by soaking basmati rice for a few minutes. You can use Veer Regular Basmati Rice or Veer Royal Basmati Rice for a tasty and perfect meal. They are extra long rice that absorbs the true essence of spices to offer a perfect flavour.
- After soaking the rice for 20 minutes, drain out the water and cook them in fresh boiling water. Make sure to add vegetable oil and salt to the vessel for the right texture.
- Once your rice is completely cooked, drain off all the water and allow the rice to cool completely.
- Now, take a pan and heat the oil. Stir fry ginger, garlic, and green chilli.
- Saute onion and spring onion until sweat. Once done, add all the vegetables of your choice and toss them well.
- Let them cook for a few minutes till tender.
- Add salt, sugar, pepper, soy sauce, and vinegar in the required quantity and mix it well.
- Add cooked rice into the mixture and combine it well.
- Finally, add some pepper powder and spring onion greens on top and mix.
- Serve hot, and ENJOY!
Tips for Better Cooking
- Cool the rice completely before mixing it with vegetables
- Rinse water through rice multiple times to remove extra starch
- Stir-fry all the vegetables without overcooking them
- Play around with the recipe by using different vegetables or spices according to your taste
These are a few simple steps that you can follow to prepare this mouth-watering dish. It is one of the easiest and most luscious recipes that can be prepared with a few ingredients yet has the capacity to tantalise your taste buds. So, go ahead and show off your cooking skills with mouth-water vegetable fried rice!